Grand Tourmalet Barèges-La Mongie
Grand Tourmalet, which joins up with Barèges and La Mongie, is THE resort to come to for an XXL ski holiday!
The larger-than-life ski resort in the Pyrenees!
So hop onto your skis, snowboard or snow scooter and set off to explore Grand Tourmalet’s 100 km worth of runs! You’ll be able to ski all day without ever going through the same place twice, against scenic backdrops each more beautiful than the last… Whether you’re a beginner, slick skier or mountain expert, one thing’s for sure: you’ll be captivated by the magic of this resort.
- Grand Tourmalet Barèges La Mongie station: December 04, 2021.
COVID INFO: The sanitary pass will not be required for ski lifts this winter unless the national threshold of 200 cases per 100,000 inhabitants had to be crossed.
- Le Pic du Midi: Saturday November 27, 2021.
COVID INFO: The health pass is mandatory
your stay in the mountains
An experience to share
Family fun in the mountains
For tiny tots: a nursery where they can keep snug and warm
For kids: ski schools, a safe “snow garden” with games and activities, a wide array of green runs and a dedicated sledging track …
For the whole family:
- The “Marmotte” route: 11 km of 100% blue and green runs perfect for all the family, connecting Barèges to La Mongie
- A wide choice of blue runs where you can share the joys of skiing as a family by trying out different routes at each outing
Skiing can be taken up at any age!
- A special “mes premiers pas au ski” deal can be snapped up by first-time skiers, which includes a day’s lift pass, equipment hire and 1-hour lesson: what better for finding your feet at any age, at a bargain price!
- A specific lift pass giving you access to the resort’s 10 beginners’ slopes only
In love with pure sensation
For those who love connecting with nature:
skiing in the forest above Barèges, amidst natural surroundings and sheltered from the wind. A real pleasure whatever the weather!
have you dreamed about being the first to make fresh tracks in the snow? Sign up and you can be the first out on the slopes with the ski patrol.
Riders’ pistes, where the powder is deliberately left ungroomed to give everyone the chance to experience its light and velvety thrills
exhilarating off-piste runs for high-flying riders: Aygues Cluses valley and its breathtaking viewpoint over the Néouvielle range is the best known, but there are plenty of others too!
Direct access to the Pic du Midi freeride area from La Mongie: there’s nowhere else like it!
1 freestyle area
A fun-packed snowpark: boxes, rails and modules for jumping in all directions: n’ice !
all the best deals
There’s more to our resort than just skiing!
At the Grand Tourmalet ski resort, discover the mountain differently
Just take for example, the dog sled ride in the middle of pine forests, the climb to the Pic du Midi to contemplate the Pyrenean chain….
Feeling ravenous or merely peckish?
Choose among 6 altitude restaurants to eat out on the slopes come mealtime. From takeaway light bites to slap-up regional, traditional fare (such as garbure – a hearty soup, or grilled Pyrenean lamb), you’ll be spoilt for choice! And you’ll never be too far from a restaurant when the kids are hungry!
How about treating yourself to a proper break by chilling out on the terrace while you refuel…
Choose your dates and book your fun-packed holiday in the Pyrenean ski resort of Grand Tourmalet Barèges-La Mongie. Off we go!
Did you know?
- Free shuttle buses for getting around the La Mongie resort
- There’s a shuttle bus to take freeriders back up to La Mongie from Artigues after skiing down the Pic (services depend on the weather and snow conditions)
- It’s easy to get here: shuttles from Tarbes train station, Tarbes-Ossun-Lourdes Airport and Bagnères de Bigorre. All information
Key facts at a glance
- 58 runs, 27 lifts
- Ski resort altitude: 1450m – 2500m
- Pic du Midi high mountain area listed as one of the 50 most beautiful freeride sites in the world
- Pistes are North, South, East and West facing
3 allée Tournefort 65200
05 62 95 50 71